Curtains are a great way to complete the look of your home. But in Singapore's hot and humid climate, curtains get dirty very easily. They are usually the dirtiest fabric in your home.
Curtains are like air filters. They gather dust, absorb moisture and odours from cooking and smoking. It also traps insects, pet fur and germs.
We wash our clothes regularly but unlike garments, curtains are bulky and difficult to wash. It is also a huge hassle to take down and put back. Hence it is usually attended to last until it gets really dirty and smelly.
If left in a dirty state for too long, mold or mildew will stain the curtains making them difficult, and sometimes impossible, to remove.
How Often Should You Wash Your Curtains?
A lot depends on the environment you are in. Curtains trap dust and other airborne particles that enter your home through open windows. If your home is air-conditioned 24/7, or windows are closed most of the time, washing them every 6 months is fine.
However if you live in a dusty environment or close to roads with heavy traffic washing every 3 to 4 months is recommended.
If you or a family member smokes, the curtains will trap smoke particles and absorb the smell. Over time they will turn yellow. If your curtains are in a smoky environment it is best to wash them every 2 months.
Should You Wash, Vacuum or Dry Clean?
Washing, either by hand or using a washing machine, removes dirt and impurities. If the curtains are light weight and made of durable material, machine wet washing will suffice.
Vacuuming on the other hand only removes surface dust. It won't remove stains nor deeply embedded dirt and dust.
Dry cleaning of curtain removes deeply embedded dust, dirt, and stains, it also disinfects the curtain to rid it of germs, bacteria and dust mites. It is suitable for thick heavy curtains and delicate materials that could be damaged by wet washing.
Steam Cleaning is fast and efficient and also removes stains, grease and dirt.
Our Curtain Cleaning Services
1. Dry Cleaning
We offer a 3 day curtain cleaning service - one of the fastest turnaround for curtain cleaning in Singapore. Curtains are bulky, heavy and difficult to remove. Hence we provide removal and installation service, even for high ceilings. Please refer price list below. Collection and delivery is FREE for orders above $50.
We understand windows without curtains can be unbearable. We do have temporary curtains for rental at $15 per piece if you need.
The curtains are washed in our factory using industrial grade dry cleaning machines. Deeply embedded dirt and stains are removed in a slow tumble process at high temperatures in a digitally controlled ItalClean machine. The curtains are completely dried and free from germs and bacteria. And smelling fresh too.
2. On-Site Curtain Steam CleaningWe also offer same day on-site curtain cleaning. A custom high temperature steam cleaning machine is used for steam cleaning. Some of the features are:
- 95°C temperature does not harm all curtain materials
- Kills 99.99% of common household bacteria
- Steam pressure: 3.5 bar (right pressure to purge dust, stain and harmful bacteria without damaging material)
- Hygienic cleaning without scrubbing
- Non-harmful for environment
- Fast and efficient without using harsh/corrosive chemicals
Steam cleaning is also highly recommended for roman blinds as they are susceptible to damage during dismantling.
Dry Cleaning vs On-site Steam Cleaning
3. Curtain Repairs
- Curtain rails, hooks or tracks - if these require repair we will fix them on the spot.
- Curtains in poor condition or require alterations - we can get these fixed.
- Our crew will give you a quotation before repairs are carried out.
Curtain Cleaning Price List
Other than day curtains, cleaning of curtains are charged according to weight. Refer to price list table and explanation of different types of curtains below. We do not charge GST.
* Curtain Types:
- Day curtains, also known as sheers, are made from light coloured materials to allow light in from outside. (You may order day curtain dry clean online)
- Night curtains are heavier in weight and are of dark coloured materials. These are drawn at night for privacy.
- Blackout curtains are made from dense or layered fabric such as felt, velvet or suede. Usually comes with a blackout liner to completely block out light.
- Roman Blinds are made from fabric that is designed to pleat when raised. When the blind is lifted, the cords pull the slats together and force the blind to fold into pleats.
Contract Curtain Cleaning ServiceIf you or your company require regular cleaning of curtains ask about our contract curtain cleaning service. By using a contract service you will save on costs and hassle.
- Carpet Cleaning - we do deep cleansing of your carpet at our factory. Removes dust and deeply embedded dirt.
- Sofa Cover Cleaning - we will remove the sofa cover and dry clean them using the same process for curtain dry cleaning. Completely removing dust, germs and harmful bacteria.
Our Service Commitment
We understand curtains are expensive. Some are made of delicate materials like silk and linen or may include special beads or sophisticated embroidery. Be assured that we will take utmost care of your precious curtains. They are dry cleaned in-house with our dry cleaning machines from Italy and carefully inspected before and after cleaning.